TransGuys.com accepts contributed content on a case-by-case basis from interested authors.
TransGuys.com prefers practical, actionable content—articles that motivate users to take action, or give them the information they need to take action. Submitted content should provide obvious benefit to our audience, and stimulate ideas and discussion around issues important to trans men, and/or SOFFAS and health providers who work with trans men. TransGuys.com is particularly interested in amplifying the voices of trans men who live in countries other than the United States.
Feature articles are typically 1000-1500 words in length and feature images, embedded media, and well-researched link lists. Examples include:
- How-tos, tutorials, guides
- Debunk a common myth
- Q&A: answer questions you commonly hear
- Well-researched medical information
- “Expert” articles
Column articles are shorter, around 500 words, and should be focused on one of the following topics:
- Book Reviews
- Product Reviews
- Reference or Research
- Health & Fitness, Surgery
- Films & Documentaries
- Musician profiles, CD and Concert Reviews
- Style & Grooming
Exclusions: TransGuys.com does not accept content from authors whose sole purpose is link sharing. TransGuys.com reserves the right to refuse content and remove links from submitted articles.
Your content submission will need to meet the following guidelines:
- Article length: 500 +/- words for column articles; 1000-1500 words for feature articles.
- Provide a catchy and descriptive title for the article.
- Use proper spelling and grammar.
- Give credit where credit is due. (Links, citations, quotations and bibliographies may be included.)
- Disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Be sure to research and fact-check before submission
- Submit quality photos that relate to the article (feature image size 1200×800.)
- Authors may also submit original or personal photos, graphics, diagrams, maps, videos and other embedded media to be used within the text. Photos and graphics created by other individuals or companies must be listed with one of the following creative commons licenses: Attribution (CC BY), Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND) or Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA).
- Include a brief author’s biography in 150 words or less.
- If applicable, submit your professional Twitter handle for publishing.
Before you pitch TransGuys.com with your idea, please review the requirements below.
- You must have a blog or evidence of other online published writing.
- Your article must be your original work and not published elsewhere.
- You grant TransGuys.com to be the exclusive publisher of the article. After the article has been published on TransGuys.com, you may publish excerpts online, for example on your own blog or Facebook Page, however the article in its entirety must not appear elsewhere, whether online or offline.
- You consent to the full article, extracts, samples or examples from it, and your name as author, appearing on any TransGuys.com associated sites, products and services.
- Articles must be submitted as .doc or .txt files, plus any attachments.
- You transfer copyright of your article to TransGuys.com upon receipt of payment.
TransGuys.com offers cash compensation (via PayPal only, no exceptions) for contributed articles according to the following schedule:
- Feature articles: $150 USD
- Column articles: $100 USD
- Promotional articles: Compensation is not available for content that promotes a product or service.
Compensation must be approved in writing (i.e. email, fax or letter) before the article is published to TransGuys.com.
TransGuys.com takes a grim view of plagiarized content. If evidence is obtained that indicates that the article or source images used in the article have been plagiarized, the article will be taken offline and payment will not be made. If such discoveries are made after you have been paid by TransGuys.com, we will remove the article and request that you refund the payment.
Terms & Disclosure
TransGuys.com reserves the right to edit content, spelling, grammar, etc. upon approval from the author.
TransGuys.com reserves the right to refuse to publish any content submitted for review for any reasons, which it is not obligated to disclose to the contributor. Reasons for rejecting contributed content include, but are not limited, to:
- Inaccurate information or facts
- Excessive grammatical or spelling errors
- Irrelevance to the TransGuys.com audience
- Overly promotional or self-aggrandizing
TransGuys.com also reserves the right to remove any published content by a contributor from TransGuys.com without prior warning or explanation to the contributor.
By submitting content for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this Contributor Policy. Please print this for your records. For questions regarding contributing content on TransGuys.com, please contact Joshua.
TransGuys.com reserves the right to change this Contributor Policy at any time.
Pitch Your Idea!
Submit your article ideas or request a writing assignment by submitting the form below. Due to the high volume of ideas TransGuys.com receives, we’re unable to respond to all submissions. Be sure to include your blog URL. We’ll subscribe to your blog to get an idea of your writing style and keep you in mind for future opportunities.